* We're trying to respond within 24 hours.
Article 1. Purpose
EL KOREAN (EL KOREAN Inc., hereafter referred to as "the Company") shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions on Mobile Applications and All Web-Provided Services (hereafter referred to as "Services") and shall disclose its use and determine other basic procedures.
Article 2. Definitions
The terms of service, student and teacher used in the Terms and Conditions are defined as follows.
1) "Service" means all services provided by the company's mobile applications and website.
2) "Student" means a person trained by a teacher. In order to use the service and mobile applications operated by the company, the student must register an ID and password. Students enter into a contract with the company to use the service. The service is provided according to the terms of conditions.
3) "Teacher" means a freelancer who provides his/her ID and password to use the service provided by the company's website to deliver a Korean language lesson. Teachers enter into a contract with the company to use the service, which is provided under the terms of conditions.
Article 3. Application of terms and conditions.
1) The terms and conditions shall apply to the procedures for the use of all services provided by the Company on the Net and other necessary matters.
2) Matters relating to the use of services provided by the company are subject to the relevant laws.
Article 4. Service contents
The company provides its own teacher and student service, made by itself or others. Due to the circumstances, the schedule and method of service delivery may be subject to change or delay.
Article 5. Establishment of use agreements.
1) By clicking the completed registration form, it is deemed to agree on terms and conditions.
2) The desired individual to contract must complete the membership form of ID, password, name, phone number, etc. and be subject to the approval of the company.
Article 6. Application for use and acceptance.
1) The company shall approve the application for use in the order of receipt unless special circumstances are disclosed in Clause 5.
2) The company may restrict acceptance of the application if it falls under any of the following cases and may reserve until its full resolution.
2-1. Inadequate capacity of service facilities.
2-2. Technical error.
2-3. It is believed to be required by other companies.
3) The company may deprive the teacher and student of membership and prohibit rejoining when the following cases are noted:
3-1. Not applied with his/her real name.
3-2. Necessary information turns out to be false at the time of application.
3-3. The purpose is to hinder social well-being, order or morality.
3-4. Failure to meet the application guidelines set by other companies.
3-5. Breach of terms and conditions by teacher and student.
3-6. Breach of obligations by teachers and students.
3-7. Not logged in for a long time.
Article 7. Suspension of service
The company shall provide service 24/7 in one day; however, it may be restricted or suspended on the following occasions:
1) Maintenance of service facilities.
2) When the Telecommunication Business Law designates service operators to cease.
3) Force majeure.
4) National emergencies, power outages, disruption of facilities or excessive use of services.
Article 8. Provide details
The company may deliver its product, service use, daily notice and other various information to the teacher and student by email, post or other means. It can be unsubscribed if not desired.
Article 9. Rights of students
1) Teachers and students are entitled to privacy protection.
2) Students can search and apply for a suitable lesson.
3) Any inappropriate services may be amended by request.
Article 10. Student duty
1) When a request to change a teacher during a lesson is made, the reason must be presented to the teacher.
2) When a change in personal details occurs, an immediate correction must be made.
3) Tuition paid to a teacher without corporate involvement cannot be recommended to the teacher. Any unofficial payment offer must be reported to the company.
Article 11. Rights of teachers
1) Teachers are entitled to privacy protection.
2) The teacher may have his/her own profile registered on the web and be able to invite the student to a lesson.
3) The teacher is entitled not to pay any other expenses other than the brokerage fee proposed by the company.
Article 12. Duty of teacher
1) The teacher must be sincere and deliver the best lesson to the student.
2) Without the student's consent, the class conditions in terms of the number of classes to be held, tuition and class time cannot be changed.
3) An immediate correction should be made on the heels of a change in teacher detail.
4) The teacher should only list facts on his/her profile.
5) A third party cannot replace a teacher without prior consent.
6) Teachers must not engage in any unofficial student tuition payments. If so, the tuition paid to the company's teacher must be returned.
Article 13. Rights of corporations
1) The company requests the teacher to submit a certificate of enrollment or graduation and a copy of the ID (front and back) to deliver a quality lesson.
2) The company may disqualify its teacher or student who failed to comply with Terms and Conditions or misbehave to one another.
3) The company may request the teacher to return the total amount given to him/her if found engaged in personal tuition payment.
Article 14. Duty of the company
1) The company shall conduct the service in accordance with its Terms and Conditions and related laws.
2) The teacher's profile should be registered on the web in convenience for the student to view in class selection.
3) The company cannot release or distribute the personal details of the teacher to a third party for other purposes; Except on official request of the government in accordance with relevant laws such as telecommunication regulations.
4) If a student requests teacher identification, details shall be given.
Article 15. Tuition and other conditions.
1) Other conditions such as tuition, number of classes to be given, subjects, etc. will be prioritized in class selection; But there can be a mutual compromise between teacher and student.
2) Students pay tuition to the company, which will be given to the teacher for delivering the lesson after deducting the brokerage fee as the company's profits.
3) Direct exchange of tuition between teacher and student is an act of deprivation of membership. Any teacher involved in such misconduct shall reimburse the company for the tuition paid; whereas the reporter will be awarded compensation.
4) The company is not responsible for accidents caused by personal transactions between teacher and student.
5) The company shall not intervene in matters of discussion between teacher and student.
Article 16. Brokerage fee
1) The teacher receives tuition from the company, except for a brokerage fee and income tax. The Company shall treat the brokerage fee as its own profit.
2) Fees will be notified to the teacher through the company's service screen.
3) No fees will be refunded.
4) The company's commission policy may change.
Article 17. Refund of charges
1) The student may request a refund of the charge.
2) The charge will be refunded after deducting the amount of bonus used from the remaining charge.
3) Bonus is not subject to a refund.
4) Details of refunds of the remaining tuition in the ongoing package class shall follow the guidelines set out in FAQ.
Article 18. Disclaimer
1) The company shall not be responsible for any intentional manipulation or false information given by a teacher or student. The company is agreed to operate on the basis of the teacher and student's independent and voluntary intention.
2) The company is not responsible for any problems or disputes arising from personal teacher/student tuition payments.
3) Companies shall be exempt from liability for failure to provide services due to natural disasters or force majeure. For this reason, the company is not responsible for any leakage of customer information.
4) The company shall not be liable to civil or criminal liability in case of any violation of the Constitution, laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea between its teacher and student.
5) The company shall actively participate in resolving disputes between teacher and student. If necessary, legal action will be taken against the person who unilaterally violates the terms and conditions. The company will help the victim file a lawsuit.
Article 19. Inter-teacher and student exchanges
1) The company doesn't edit or monitor the contents of communication such as e-mail, SMS with class application, and the teacher and student take responsibility for his/her communication contents.
2) Teachers and students must not exchange contents such as pornography, disturbing contents, junk mail, spam, etc. to each other via the company's e-mail or SMS service.
3) Any liability arising out of the violation of Clause 2 of this Article shall be directed to the teacher and student. In this case, personal details such as ID and PASSWORD may be provided to the investigating agency.
Article 20. Posts
1) The company may delete the contents posted by its teacher or student if judged as follows without notice.
1-1. Undermining reputation on another teacher, student or third party.
1-2. Violations of public order and morality.
1-3. Association with a criminal act.
1-4. Infringement of copyright by a company, or a third party, etc.
1-5. That's more than the period of publication by the company's guidelines.
1-6. Violation of other related laws and detailed instructions from the Company.
2) The company may determine a separate rule to implant on posting; therefore, the teacher and student shall register, delete or change posts in accordance with the guidelines.
3) The company is entitled to full rights to add, modify and delete the posted contents. Any change on the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) or add, modify, or delete the contents may occur without any notice to its teacher and student.
4) Lecture and student cannot request additional posting for personal benefit.
Article 21. Links
The company may provide its teacher and student links to other companies' websites or materials. The company has no control over such sites and materials; therefore, there's no liability for any warranties of contents, commercials, products and materials.
Article 22. Privacy protection
1) The provided personal details will only be used to process by the Company and will not be given to a third Party without consent, and the Company shall take full responsibility except in the following cases.
1-1. For the purpose of delivering goods, the company will provide minimum details such as name, address, and number.
1-2. For statistical, academic or market research purposes, details will be provided in a form in which each individual cannot be identified.
2) In order to use the service provided by affiliated companies to the teacher and student, the company may share limited personal details such as name or address upon registration.
3) A teacher or student has the right to request, at any time, to view and correct his/her personal details, and the company shall be obliged to take the necessary measures without delay.
Article 23. Effect and modification of terms and conditions.
1) Unless otherwise specified, the contents of Terms and Conditions shall be effective by posting on the net service screen provided by the Company or otherwise notifying the subscriber.
2) The company may change the Terms and Conditions if deemed necessary. In this case, the company shall take effect by posting the changes on the net screen.
Article 24. Miscellaneous
Any matter not specified in the terms and conditions shall be dealt with within the scope of social norms. The relevant laws shall take precedence over Terms and Conditions if they contradict each other.
Article 25. Competent courts and others.
1) The legal dispute between the head office and the teacher or student shall be brought before the jurisdiction of the head office of the corporation.
2) Details not described in the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the detailed rules set by the Company (recorded in the FAQ, notice).
If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to contact us. We always do our best to make you learn Korean with pleasure.
CEO and Founder
EL KOREAN Inc.
63 Dongsomun-lo, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Korea
Facebook messenger: elkorean
Skype ID: firstname.lastname@example.org